Here are some highlights from the year:
- Our loan portfolio reached a new high in December, almost hitting $3.9 million, a 29 percent increase from 2012.
- Amount of loans disbursed was up 20 percent, with a record-breaking $2.5 million disbursed in 2013 compared to $2.1 million in 2012.
- Loan issuance was up 26 percent, with 209 loans made compared to 166 in 2012.
- Portfolio quality remained strong with a repayment rate above 99 percent.
- Overall funding increased, with notable gifts including a $100,000 grant over two years from the Leichtag Foundation and a $747,000 grant from the U.S. Department of Treasury’s Community Development Financial Institutions Fund, the single largest gift received in the organization’s 19 -year history.
- Accion also saw a 72 percent increase in attendance for its free small business training events in 2013, with more than 693 entrepreneurs attending a record 13 Accion hosted events.
- Accion launched the Accion Academy for Entrepreneurial Success, an 8-week class teaching potential entrepreneurs how to go from concept to launch, and graduated its first 14 entrepreneurs.