The New Year is a time to reflect on the past year and set goals for the upcoming year. ACCION San Diego and its clients want to help you stick to your goals and resolutions. Here is a list of our top eight new year’s resolutions and some ways we can help you achieve them!
(1) Get into shape. There’s no better time to start working toward that beach body! Exercise and healthy eating help you look good and feel better, increasing productivity and creativity in your business endeavors. However you choose to do it, make sure your goals are realistic and stick to it for five weeks. It takes about that long for an activity to become habit! If you need some extra help, check out ACCION SD client Fabulous Muscles for vitamins and other essential supplements. Free shipping to anyone in San Diego! www.fabmuscles.com
(2) Learn something new. Learning adds to your skills and adds a new dimension of interest to your life - another important part of achieving a healthy work-life balance. What you choose to learn can be directly related to your business or something that just interests you. Going to classes and workshops are great opportunities to meet new and interesting people, who may become customers, colleagues, or friends. ACCION San Diego and our non-profit partners offer free small business workshops throughout the year. This year ACCION SD plans on expanding its workshops to include more topics and greater opportunities to network. Make sure to check out our “Growing Your Business” event coming up at the end of the month!
(3) Shop and dine local. There is no better way to grow the economy and support your community than eating and shopping at your local mom and pop businesses. Luckily, ACCION San Diego is connected with hundreds of local small businesses. When you need to buy a gift, fix your car, or find a place to eat, be sure to check out ACCION SD’s Client Business Directory and support a local business. www.accionsandiego.org/client_business_directory.html
(4) Finish your taxes... early. Are you notorious for waiting until the last minute to start everything? Do you find yourself scrambling to find stray business receipts? This year, don’t wait until April to start your taxes. Start fresh in 2012 by organizing your books from day one and hopefully you can start enjoying your rebate check sooner! If you need some professional help, check out ACCION SD’s client CVMR Enterprises for tax preparations services. Call Carlos at (619) 497-0333.
(5) Give back. There are all kinds of worthy organizations that make a difference in your community. Make a New Year's resolution to find a cause that matters to you, and give what you can. It doesn’t just have to be money! Find a committee to serve on or become a mentor or volunteer. Giving and getting involved with non-profits are a great way to get you and your company recognized in the community. Remember, it pays to give! You may consider a donation to ACCION SD and support local businesses. www.accionsandiego.org
(6) Go on an adventure! Is there something that you’ve always wanted to do, but never found the time to do it? Have you ever jumped out of a plane or gone scuba diving? Maybe there’s a destination you’ve always wanted to go to. Whatever it is, make 2012 the year you try something new and exciting. Looking for a local adventure? ACCION SD client San Diego Fly Rides is a fun and exciting way to explore San Diego for the whole family. Zip through downtown, Balboa Park, or La Jolla on your very own motorized bicycle. Due to rave reviews from their guests, San Diego Fly Rides is now ranked # 2 out of 77 SD tour operators on TripAdvisor.com. www.sandiegoflyrides.com
(7) Take care of yourself. You’ve worked hard in 2011. It’s time to spend a little bit of time for yourself in 2012. If you’re a business owner, remember that you are solely responsible for your own motivation, productivity, and well-being. There is no boss to pat you on the back or give you a raise. It’s up to you to keep yourself motivated and inspired. In 2012, be sure to reward yourself for specific milestones like a big client win, meeting a tough deadline, or working “overtime.” If you need an idea for a local get-away, check out ACCION SD client Escondido Wellness Center and pamper yourself with a well-deserved spa day! www.escondidowellnesscenter.com
(8) Start or expand a business. Do you have a great business idea or project and have been putting it off? Perhaps 2012 is the year to take action! Don’t have the capital? ACCION SD is committed to entrepreneurs like you and we want to help you achieve your 2012 business goals. Give us a call at (619) 795-7250 to explore our financing options. We can also connect you with business counseling and other small business resources to help you turn your dreams into reality. www.accionsandiego.org