Communications Manager – CAMEO
CAMEO is a non-profit membership organization of over 85 Micro Enterprise Development
organizations throughout the state of California. CAMEO’s Mission is to promote economic
opportunity and community well-being through Micro Enterprise development. CAMEO
expands resources, and builds the capacity of nonprofit organizations that provide business
assistance and lending to self employed and micro business owners. CAMEO also promotes
best practices and public awareness of the impacts of Micro Enterprise development,
including advocating at the state and federal levels. We have created the Communications
Manager position to help CAMEO and our members significantly raise the profile of the
impacts of the field on the California economy.
Description of Position
The primary focus of the Communications Manager is to develop and drive CAMEO’s
message to our members, stakeholders, and general public. This position will be responsible
for maintaining consistent messaging across all platforms. A key focus will be developing
relevant content and producing reports about findings, programs and other CAMEO
activities. The Communications Manager will use a variety of online channels including
email, Salesforce, CAMEO website, CEO blog, online campaigns, and other social networks.
Other channels will include media relations and through printed materials.
1. Create and manage long-term plan for communications and update the plan each
2. Maintain website homepage with daily and weekly updates (calendar, events, etc.)
3. Research, create, and manage content for CAMEO website and for email, blog,
member newsletters, and other online campaigns; including advocacy campaigns.
4. Keep website updated with events, program opportunities, relevant data and news,
client success stories, photos, podcasts, videos, etc.
5. Research and categorize relevant blogs and other online info sources relevant to
sector. Help draft CEO blog and updates.
6. Establish relationships with members, track newsletters and pull client success
stories to feature on CAMEO website.
7. Conduct research and provide analysis of member online activity and engagement.
Create a dashboard of key online metrics and generate monthly and quarterly
8. Manage and segment Salesforce.com database, and Campaigner.
9. Manage online campaigns, ensure that member survey information is ported back to
10. Empower CAMEO staff to effectively use Salesforce.com database. Create
templates that will assist with communications to core groups.
11. Meet with CAMEO staff and outside consultants (Public Affairs Consultant and
others TBD) regularly to discuss editorial opportunities, network relationships, and
the overall effectiveness of all CAMEO communications.
12. Manage the development of print materials and reports (program reports, annual
report, advocacy papers, etc.)
13. Assist with press releases and media contacts.
Other responsibilities will be added depending on the evolving requirements of the
1. Strong writing skills, attention to detail
2. Experience with Salesforce contact management system, including setting up
templates, managing campaigns, segmenting data
3. Demonstrated experience in website content creation and management.
4. Demonstrated experience in planning and project management.
5. Experience with web programs: Dreamweaver, Wordpress, HTML
6. Experience with graphic design, typesetting, layout, etc. highly desirable
7. Ability to self-manage and problem solve.
8. Outgoing and professional personality; capable of representing organization to
press, funders, colleagues
Salary and Benefits
1. Salary range $43,000 - $48,000
2. Generous health and dental benefits
3. 403 (b) plan
4. Generous PTO and vacation leave
Comments: This description is intended to describe the essential job functions, the general
supplemental functions and the essential requirements for the performance of this job. It is
not an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities, and requirements. Other functions may be
assigned and management reserves the right to add or change the duties at any time.
Submit via email a cover letter, describing your interest in the position, and resume to
firstname.lastname@example.org. Deadline for applications is January 21, 2011. Please do not fax
applications. Qualified candidates will be called for an interview. No telephone calls.
CAMEO is an equal opportunity employer.